Tuesday, September 29, 2009

OD on faith.

So, tonight was a really amazing night for me. I truly had an experience of faith in my life tonight.
For a while my family has been struggling BIG time because, my Dad recently lost his job. As a family we have been struggling greatly with not losing our faith, and coming up with enough money just to get by. Now, I know that my family obviously does not have it the worst that it could be, but at the same time we are just struggling.

This has been going on for around a month now. A while ago, in the following days we found out about my Dad's position being abolished, I was literally on my knees asking God for ways to help my family, asking God to use me to be his strength in the family, and that my family may see God through me(not all of my immediate family truly believe in God). I told God that I was willing to do whatever it was that he wanted me to do, to help my family. God, like he always does, surprised me with his power. The day after we found out about Dad loosing his job(the day of a vacation to Ocean city, called our "last" vacation as a family, due to the money situation) my brother, who would normally not pick a movie as such, picked an amazing movie for us to watch on the way to Ocean City that would present me with an amazing opportunity only to be designed by God himself. The movie is called "Facing the Giants" This movie is all about trusting in God to take care of our "Giants" to trust in God to help us defeat our Giants, such as my families money problem.

I had a plan to have my family watch the movie, and I would talk about the movie while giving bible verses, and applying the movie to my families financial situations. I wanted to do it during vacation, but never got the chance.. since we seemed to always be doing stuff. So until tonight, I had been praying for God to grant me the time (which doesn't happen often in my house) that we can all just sit together as a family (Mom, Dad, Robby and Me.) and watch this movie, and have it benefit us all. Tonight, God granted me that time.

It was truly amazing to be able to give my family this kind of information.. this is how it all went.

I told my family, that we all know we are going through a hard time right now, and that we need to trust in God in our hard time to know that he will bring us out of the hard time, then I prayed for all of us.. and we watched the movie. We laughed.. and cried, the movie was great and had an awesome impact on my family and I.

Then I talked a bit about Gods promises I told them that God has promised to us that he will save us from all our hard times as long as we trust in him, God also says that if we trust in him we will get what we wish. Psalms 37:4 says "take delight in the lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." I pointed out the fact that I think that through this movie we saw one of Gods greatest promises.. that all things are possible through him. I also read this verse Matthew 19:26 " Humanely speaking it is impossible. But with God everything is possible."

I will just summarize the rest of what I told them:
it says in Hebrews 6:18 (So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefor, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us)& Hebrews 10:23( Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promises) that God will always keep his promises, and for me he has done just that.

I'm here to tell you, that I know for a fact that this is all a part of Gods plan.
He has put us in this position, for a reason. He gives us our Giants so that we call upon him, that is his deepest desire.
He had a plan to bring us on this trip.
He had a plan for Robby(my brother) to pick out this movie.
He had a plan for me to tell you all of this today.
I don't know how his plan will end, but I know that God will always do what he thinks is best in every situation that he has given us. &i know that because I have seen it in my life.

God is faithful, and through him all things are possible. Allow God to come into your life, our life.. our situation&allow him to help you beat your Giants.. our Giants.. allow God to Rain on our Field. And to do that.. you have to love him, you have to be on his side.. I don't think its about God being on our side.. we have to make the strive.. we have to want to be on his side.
&then I closed in prayer.

I really did feel God in the room tonight when I was talking to my family after the movie.. my Dad asked questions about knowing more, and trusting more in God. I encouraged him to read the bible, and to write down scriptures that he feel will help him in times when he is being attacked by the devil, such as the scriptures I talked about tonight.

(I would not have been able to do any of this if God didn't give me the strength, or the wisdom, I owe all of this planning, and faith to him.)

I know that God will speak to my family, and I have trust in him that he will save us from what we are going through. I am not fearing, which is what the devil wants me to do, I am trusting in God. Because, I know that he keeps his promises. I pray and hope that my Father and Mother can feel this way as well, after tonight. I know it's not just going to happen overnight, but I know that God will make a way.

If you are ever going through a hard time, it helps so much just to trust in God, because in the end He will do what He thinks is right for you. How can you not trust that.

In closing of this blog, I thank all of you that have prayed for my family and I, and I want you to know that you are helping me. So, I just thank you so much. I love you all.

4 comments:

  1. Oh OD you had me crying!! I am so glad that it all finally worked out!! I think you are so brave and strong...never doubt yourself!!! You are growing into an amazing woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OD,

    Great job. I am so happy you stuck to it and everything worked out great. God will reward you for your obedience. Your family will truly be a stronger family through this trial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well my dear.. :)
    you used my verse! im glad it worked out. you had told me about the plan.. but i never knew if you got the chance or not.
    i do think its all going to work out. i know im not the best person to be saying this.. but your family is always in my prayers.. as are you as in individual..
    i always told you, you were stronger then you know. :)
    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Hey guys.. thanks. I just realized that lol.. You guys can comment on my things.. and that I should probably read them.. But thanks for all the compliments. :)
    I LOVE YOU GUYS

    ReplyDelete