Friday, February 5, 2010

Happiness is a choice

"Stephanie understands that happiness is a choice, and she makes that choice every day of her life"
This is a quote taken from an article written about one of the ladies blogs that I follow.
Her circumstances are so drastic, one of which you would think that no one could be happy in, yet she makes the decision every morning to be happy, in her rough situation. She is always in my prayers.
Knowing that she makes a conscious decision every day to be happy no matter what is of such inspiration to me. Why can't I do that.. what is holding me back from being happy? These things that happen to me in life which are no where near as bad as what this blogger is going through.
I have been told that life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you handle it. So, sounds to me like I need to make a change.. I need to handle all of this better, I need to wake up every morning, thinking that today is going to be a day where I will smile, that today I will be happy.
So I will, and I'll pray for God to help me find joy in all things.. not just the good ones, and to help me see the positive.
I will live each day like it is my last.. and each day happily.

-- if you are interested in reading the blog that I talk about go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment